Will market forces continue to weigh on Scientific Games stock?
Science Games (NASDAQ: SGMS) provides technology-based products and services for the iGaming, lottery and social gaming industries. The company has seen strong revenue expansion, largely through a series of acquisitions. According to a recent strategic plan, the company should raise $7 billion and lighten its balance sheet by selling part of the lottery and sports betting business. High interest charges have weighed on SGMS’ profitability in recent years. Consistent with broader market forces, SGMS stock has fallen over the past week. But, according to machine learning engine Trefis which analyzes historical stock price movements, SGMS stock has a 56% chance of rising over the next month (21 trading days). See our analysis Chance of science games stock rising for more details. (Related: Penn National Gaming Stock: Should You Buy the Dip?)
Five days: SGMS -5.2%, vs. S&P 500 -1.3%; Underperforming market (22% probability of event)
- SGMS share lost 5.2% over a five-day trading period ending 04/03/2022, versus the broad market (S&P500) which fell 1.3% over the same period.
- Returns of -5.2% or less out of five– daytime 550 times out of 2,516 (22%); Stock increased over the next five days in 259 of those 550 cases (47%).
Ten days: SGMS -7.2%, vs. S&P 500 -1.1%; Underperforming market (23% probability of event)
- SGMS share decreased by 7.2% over the past ten trading days (two weeks), versus the broader market (S&P500) which lost 1.1%.
- Returns of -7.2% or less on 10 day period 586 times out of 2,516 (23%); The stock increased over the next 10 days in 310 of these 586 cases (53%).
Twenty-one days: SGMS 2%, vs. S&P 500 -5.5%; Market outperformed (50% probability of event)
- SGMS share won 2% over the last twenty-one trading days (about a month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which lost 5.5%.
- Returns of 2% or more on 21 day period 1249 times out of 2515 (50%); The stock increased over the next 21 days in 705 of these 1249 cases (56%).
What if you were looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? here is a quality portfolio which has consistently beaten the market since late 2016.
Invest with Trefis Wallets that beat the market
See everything Trefis Price estimates