Hydroneer Build Guide | Tech Raptor
This Hydroneer Crafting Guide will walk you through how to smelt ore, craft items, and get a massive profit from all the metals and gems you can mine from the ground!
How to smelt ore and make bars in Hydroneer
Once you’ve mined ore from the ground, you’ll need to smelt it into bars before you can use it for crafting. This involves the Furance, the Crucible and the Casting Mold.
How to use the oven
The oven must be placed on the ground (or on a building element) for it to work. The fire will automatically ignite once placed and it can then be used to smelt ore with the crucible or to heat iron ingots and gold ingots for crafting with the anvil.
Tip: Get two ovens
The Furnace serves two purposes: smelting ore and heating iron ingots and gold ingots for crafting. Furnaces are fairly inexpensive, so it may be a good idea to buy two and dedicate one to melting and one to crafting.
How to use the crucible
The crucible is used to smelt ore in preparation for making ingots. Place the crucible in the oven to heat it. Next, drop iron ore nuggets, gold ore nuggets, or shards. They will melt into a liquid; you can then use a casting mold to make bars.
Don’t try to mix multiple types of materials – you’ll lose anything that isn’t the same as the material you’re melting. Melt one material at a time!
How to make metal bars with the casting mold
The Casting Mold can be used to make Iron Ingots, Gold Ingots, or Shard Ingots. Melt the required ore or crystal in a heated crucible, then pour the crucible into a casting mold and you will have
How much ore does it take to craft a bar?
There is no notable minimum to craft a bar – you can use one nugget of one material or you can use several. The nuggets are also not the same size – an iron nugget can weigh 0.5 and another similar looking nugget will weigh 0.95.
Using the saw and the crucible to change the size of the bars
You can use the Saw and Crucible to change the size of your Iron Ingots, Gold Ingots, and Shard Ingots.
- The crucible can remelt bars into liquid material – you can then add more bars or ore of the same material and pour it into a casting mold to create a larger bar.
- The saw will split a bar exactly in half. You can use it to create smaller bars as needed.
How to Polish Gems
The Grindstone allows you to craft Polished Gems as long as you have a Rough Gem; here’s how to do it:
- Buy a grinding wheel and place it on the floor.
- Hold an unpolished gem in your hand.
- Left-click on the millstone.
Polished gems are needed to craft jewelry.
How to craft items in Hydroneer
Almost everything Hydroneer Crafting is done using the anvil, the furnace and the blacksmith’s hammer.
How to use the blacksmith’s anvil and hammer
The anvil is an important part of Hydroneer Crafting and the main way to craft items. Here’s how to use it:
- Buy an anvil and place it on the ground.
- Left click on the anvil to select a recipe. The chalk markings will tell you how many bars and what other items, if any, you might need (such as polished gems).
- Heat all the bars in an oven (do not a crucible – throw them directly into the fire of the furnace) until they are red.
- Place the hot bars and any other objects on the anvil.
- Hit the anvil with the blacksmith’s hammer to craft the item.
- If the item isn’t crafted, either you have the wrong items on the anvil or the bars weren’t hot enough.
How to make jewelry
Jewelry is made at the anvil like any other object. However, you will need Polished Gems to craft most items.
Hydroneer Crafting Guide – Best Craftable Item
The best item to craft Hydroneer depends on three factors:
- What materials do you use
- How much material you use
- Stock prices
For example, an iron bar weighing 0.5 is worth 6 HC (Hydrocoins). Use this iron bar on the anvil to craft a dagger and it’s worth 7 HC. Two iron bars weighing 0.5 make an ax worth 14 HC, and three iron bars making a sword are worth 23 HC.
The price premium on crafted items increases dramatically as the weight of the material increases. Three iron ingots weighing a total of 4.58 are worth 54 HC. Use it to craft a sword and the value increases to 70 HC.
Materials matter too. 1.06 weight of gold is worth 21 HC – it’s essentially twice the value of iron. And, like iron, using gold bars to craft items will get you a nice price boost. Here’s some more real-world data:
- 1 gold bar (weight 1.06, 21 HC) + 1 sapphire (weight 0.3, 8 HC) = 1 sapphire ring (weight 1.36, 32 HC)
How to make money with Hydroneer Sotck exchange
So we learned that gold is worth about twice as much as iron, and heavier items are worth more overall. Now let’s move on to the last part: the stock market. Stock markets are specialty stores that buy items at higher or lower prices than normal. If you store a particular item (like a sword or a gold bar), you can sell a bunch of them on the Exchange and make a higher profit than usual.
There are several stock exchanges in the world, each buying a single item. Selling an item or items on a stock market will reduce demand, so it’s probably better to sell as much as possible at once rather than a little at a time. If the price is too low for your tastes and you need the money right away, you can always sell to a jeweler as normal.
That’s it for our Hydroneer Crafting guide – be sure to check out our other guides below!